About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Kuih Jongkong Mini

I love traditional desserts but i prefer it when its small and bite sized.. today i made Kuih Jongkong which is traditionally wrapped in banana leaves and steamed.

Firstly chopped some gula melaka and fill the base of the container. I used 3 round blocks This recipe yields 10 small container (yoghurt sized ones) so theres 3 layer.. gula melaka layer, pandan layer & the very lemak yellow layer

1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tablespoon starch flour
a pinch of salt
2.5 cups coconut milk ( 50ml coconut cream and the rest is water)
1 teaspoon pandan paste
1 teaspoon alkaline water
1 pandan leaf

Mix all the ingredients in a pot and cook until thickened. Spread equally over the chopped gula melaka. Steam for 10 min.

1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tablespoon starch flour
1 teaspoon salt
2.5 cups coconut milk ( 200ml coconut cream and the rest is water)
1 teaspoon alkaline water
Yellow food colouring

Mix all the ingredients in a pot and cook until thickened. Spread equally over the pandan layer. Steam for 15-20 min. I prefer eating this dessert warm or in room temperature. You can chill it if you prefer. Enjoy!

1 comment:

mylittlebaby28❤️ said...

Memang sedap awak masak jongkong.

Pin It