About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nona Manis


Didn't get a chance to take a proper pic because i was rushing to pack this for Mr Hubs yesterday morning!

Green part *
3/4 Cup sugar
1 egg
1.5 cup santan
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup pandan juice
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Pandan paste
Green food colouring

Blend everything in a blender and cook over Low heat until slightly thickened. But soft enough to pipe. Set aside to cool down.

White part *
1.5 cups Santan
1.5 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt

Cook over Low heat until really thickened. Cool down & place inside piping bag.

Oil the mould and then pipe the green mixture until 3/4 then pipe the white mixture in the middle. Steam for 15min.

yields 35 kuih

No comments:

Pin It