About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Pandan Chiffon Cake




Recipe

6 egg yolks
60g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
75ml santan
40g corn oil

30g Pandan Juice (blend 3 Pandan leaves with 1 tablespoon water)
1/2 tsp Pandan paste

Whisk the yolks with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.

110g all purpose flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp baking powder

Add the sifted flour into the egg yolk mixture. Fold in the meringue.

6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
80g Sugar

Do NOT grease the chiffon cake tin. You need it ungreased so that the Chiffon will stay light and grip the sides of the tin. Pour the mixture in and bake at 190 degree celcius for 35 min . Remove from
Oven and flip the cake upside down without removing from the cake tin until slightly cooled. Remove from tin and enjoy your light fluffy cake!

No comments:

Pin It