About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Batik Cake


I've made this countless times and its always a hit! The best part is no baking is required... easy, simple and yummy....

Ingredients

1/2 cup Milo
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 boiling water
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 eggs (beaten)
250g Marie Biscuits or even Graham Biscuits.

Directions

1)Pour cocoa powder, milo and boiling water in a pot and stir. On low heat, add butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and condensed milk to the cocoa mixture and stir until mixture thickens. Roughly it will take about 15 minutes of stirring to get a custard-like consistency. Break biscuits into quarters and stir into the custard mixture.

2)In the meantime, prepare any container you prefer. I use 6" X 6" square container. You can line the container with parchment paper for easy removal but i usually don't.

3)Pour the mixture into the container and press down. Refrigerate for about 3-5 hours but i like to keep it overnight so that the custard sets properly.

4)Cut into slices and serve!

No comments:

Pin It