About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stir Fried Cockles in Sambal

After cooking lamb chops yesterday with a side of parsley potatoes & sauteed spinach, i decided to go for Seafood today...



Walked around the supermarket with no inspiration until i saw Blood Cockles... oooh and my mind started racing... steamed and dipped with sambal kicap or Stir Fry with Sambal... decided to go with the latter..

It is called blood cockles due to the red haemoglobin liquid inside which is the same substance that colours our own blood too.. Locally its called See-Ham...




My Recipe for Stir Fried Cockles in Sambal


2kg blood cockles washed & drained
4 bombay onions
4 cloves of garlic
a bowl of dried chilli soaked in hot water
1 tablespoon of belachan (shrimp paste)

Blend the above ingredients until smooth and sauteed in hot oil until fragrant.

1/4 cup soya sauce (I use Habhal Kicap Masin)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
Coriander leaves (chopped)

Add in the above seasoning and cockles and stir fry until cockles is fully covered with sambal. Cover frying pan for 5 minutes until the cockles are cooked. I like mine firm but not bloody for this recipe. Sprinkle coriander leaves before serving.

No comments:

Pin It