About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Ein Trauriger Tag

It started off as a great day with me going for another interview at CHIJMES, having a nice lunch break then heading home to pick the kids up for an outing. Thought of heading off to Ikea as Mama wanted new curtains then she decided on the ones at Metro so in the end we ended up at Gelenggang (which was closed on Monday we realized) as she was craving for their Mee Soto.

So we had prata & mee hoon goreng at Casuarina before feeding the monkey.. we brought peanuts and bread and after all that something tragic happened... it all seemed to go in slow-mo... monkey scattred all over the place, car coming, monkey trapped under the wheel, monkey lay motionless, monkey started heaving, blood trickled down the nose, then mouth then suddenly there was a pool of blood around the monkey.. it just didn't register in my head what was happening until Mama shouted.. "Is DRIVE!!! i cannot see this!"

Somehow time just pass by in a blur.. before I knew it, time for dinner and I have no appetite. I cooked Salmon Masak Merah with Bening Sayur and Mama said it looked like the monkey's blood!~!! Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Pin It