About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Creme Brûlée French Toast with Cherries


Sounds fancy doesn't it?? It's actually French toast that's baked and not fried just because ... I'm lazy ... Like that .. 

It's a deconstructed version of creme brûlée .. The usual caramelized crust is at the bottom, then goes your bread, and then followed by the egg mixture..

First, melt the butter, brown sugar & corn syrup. Once combined, spread the base of your baking dish .... Then lick your spoon 😆

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup salted butter
1 tablespoon corn syrup 

Then arrange your bread to cover all that brown sugar goodness! 

Add the cherries & raisins over the bread. Whisk the egg mixture and pour over the bread equally. 

3 eggs
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of salt 

1/4 cup sour cherries, chopped
Sprinkling of raisins


Bake for 25- 30 minutes on 180 degrees or until the bread is slightly golden and puffed up.
Dust with icing sugar. I like serving mine with 2 slices on top of each other so that its nice and thick. Serve with vanilla sauce or simple maple syrup. 😍😍

No comments:

Pin It