About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, December 02, 2013

Nasi Minyak

Nasi Minyak goes so well with Ayam Masak merah & acar buah!! The stuff i look forward to every wedding I go to! 

 
1 large onion 
4 cloves garlic 
3cm ginger 
1/4 cup Ghee
1 cinnamon stick
3 cloves
3 cardamom 
2 star anise

3 cups rice 
A handful fried shallot
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup cashew nuts, halved
Salt
2 cups Evaporated milk 
2 cups water

Blend the onion, ginger & garlic and sauté in ghee.
Sauté the blended items and add in the spices. Once fragrant, add into 3 cups washed rice.

Mix throughly and add milk, water and salt to taste. I always go with 1:1.5 rice to water ratio which never fails. But with 3 cups of rice, I lessen the water a bit. 

Cook it in the rice cooker witha sprinkling of fried shallots. Once cooked, sauté the raisin, cashew nuts and a bit fried shallots in a bit of ghee and add in to the rice. Serve with more fried shallot on top


No comments:

Pin It