About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Easy Lemang

What to do when you live away from home and you crave things like Lemang?? You make 'em yourself ...

250g glutinous rice, soaked for at least 1 hour
100g grated coconut
1 teaspoon salt

Just mix the rice, salt and grated coconut together. 

I made the plastic cover by halving a bigger plastic bag and sewing the edges. Or you can use a candle and running the edges quickly over the fire.
 
Fill up 3/4 way of the plastic and seal again with your candle.

I use a rice cooker to cook these babies, so fill your rice cooker 3/4 way with water and about 100ml of coconut milk and 1-2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook just like you would cook your rice until the water boils. Add your lemang and cook the lemang for about an hour to 1.5 hour.
Drain and cool to firm. Slice into 1 inch pieces and Serve it with serunding daging or rendang! 

No comments:

Pin It