About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Sour Cherries & Raisin Scones



Bought a huge jar of sourkirschen a couple of weeks back at the Women's International Bazaar .. It was over at the Germany Embassy stall and it was only Rp50k! Still have not made the Black Forest cake as I intended! Too many fancy schmancy cakes these days! Kinda crave for some old school ones.

So tonight instead of having dinner, we had Taiwanese seafood tempura from the Shih Lin Taiwanese snack counter but that wasn't very filling so that's why the scones came in... 

250g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon sugar
75g cold butter, chopped

All you need to do is mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl first. Then add the butter and pinch the butter with the flour until you get a really crumbly texture. You still want chunks of butter so don't overdo it! 

1 egg
2 tablespoon milk

Add the egg and milk into the centre of the dough. I find using a wooden spatula much easier until the mixture is roughly mixed. 

1/4 cup sour cherries chopped
1/4 cup raisins 

Egg + 1 tablespoon milk (eggwash)

You want a rough looking dough. Add the fruits and mix it in. Using your hands, press down on a floured surface about 3cm thick and use a round cutter to cut the dough. Place on a lined tray and brush with egg wash. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Pin It