About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Anzac Biscuits


I haven't had Anzac biscuits in ages and the worse thing is I don't have Golden syrup in my pantry so what I did was alternate the golden syrup with a combination of corn syrup & maple syrup! 😍


Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup coconuts (you can use dried but I used fresh shredded coconuts)

Melt the butter in a microwave. Add in the syrup, water and soda into the melted butter.

60g salted butter
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 tablespoon water 
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda


Mix well and roll into balls about 2 inches apart as these will expand. Flatten slightly with a fork. 


Bake for 20 minutes on 170 degrees. Let cool and these will crisp up! 



No comments:

Pin It