About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pearl Sugar Brioche Loaf


Was so looking forward to some hot brioche and salty butter to start my day but I got hungry waiting for the loaves to rise! 

Anyway these are really simple brioche. You need a mixer with a hook attachment or very strong arm power :-)

1/4 cups warm milk
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons flour

Place these 3 ingredients in the mixer bowl, stir and wait for it to froth for about 5 minutes.
2 cups flour, sifted
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs 
2 tablespoon milk

Add all of the above and knead for about 5 minutes until it all comes together. Then add in the butter and knead for another minute until the butter is combined.

6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter

Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it ties for 30 minutes. 
Once the dough has doubled, with floured hands, roll half the dough into 3 equal balls and place it in a well greased loaf. 
Leave the dough to rise for 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the humidity of your kitchen.
Egg wash the top of the loaf and sprinkle liberally with pearl sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 170 degrees pre- heated oven or until the brioches turn a lovely golden hue. 
These are my beautiful pearl sugar specially flown in by my lovely cousin from Melbourne! 

You can use the other half dough to make brioche buns or simply 2 loafs of brioche.
For the buns, I divided that half portion of dough into 4 small logs, and twist into a knot. Let it rise after an hour or so, egg wash and sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake and enjoy! You can also omit the pearl sugar and use the brioche buns for a decadent sandwich!

No comments:

Pin It