About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Nasi Goreng Kampung


Okay Lin.... This is for you! ❤️❤️

You know I usually won't post things like nasi goreng right???  Ha ha 

This is nasi goreng kampung which is a little spicy! You can adjust accordingly .
All you need is a blender..

1 medium size onion
5 stalks red / green chilli
3 stalks cili padi
1cm belachan
2 tablespoon Ikan bilis, soaked

Blitzed the above coarsely without water, just on its own and sauté in oil. Add the chopped onions as well. Why the 2 different onions? The blended onion is the base while the chopped onions give it a nice sweet bite to the nasi goreng kampung. 

1 medium size onion, chopped

Half a pot of overnight rice
Salt to taste
Handful of fried Ikan bilis / anchovies 
Chopped chives
Fried egg
Half a pot of leftover rice ...


Once the base is "crispy", add your rice and thoroughly mix it. Add your fried Ikan bilis and chives. Salt to taste. Nasi goreng kampung should be salty and spicy! Fry an egg, sprinkle some chopped chives and fried shallots and you have a meal! 

You can also make it more substantial with chopped veggies such as carrots and chopped long beans but I wanted it simple and quick today! 




Pin It