About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Espresso Marshmallows



This is so fun to make!! Especially with the kids and they love using the hand whisk than our standing mixer!

Firstly, get your espresso machine out!
I used Espresso Intenso for Dolce Gusto or you can opt for other espresso.

1/4 cup of espresso 
1/2 tsp vanilla 
3/4 cup sugar

Heat on low until sugar dissolves. 

3 gelatine leaves , soaked 

Remove from heat and add the soaked gelatine.

Pour into mixing bowl

 Whisk until really frothy! Took me about 5 minutes.
Pour onto container that's covered with cling wrap and spray with PAM or oil. 
Chill it in the fridge for about 2 hours.


To remove the marshmallows, first dust your cutting board with icing sugar and corn starch. Flip the block of mallows. 
Dust again with icing sugar and corn starch and start slicing. 

Eat it on it's own, in s'mores or as topping for your hot chocolate !

No comments:

Pin It