About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Kerepek Layang Layang





My aunt's Mother in law used to make the best kerepek layang layang! It's a kerepek that's not easily available anymore because of new trends and products. But I have an old soul so I stick to the ones I like.

This recipe yields around 4 containers so if it's too much just halve the recipe.

500g flour
1 egg
3 tablespoons softened butter
1 teaspoon salt
160ml water

Mix all the above ingredients and knead until the dough is soft and pliable. Divide dough into 8 portions so that it's easier to roll.




Make a paste of 6 tablespoons of oil and 6 tablespoons of cornflour.

This is to be spread over the dough before rolling. The paste is what makes that flaky layers in between the dough




After spreading the paste over the dough, roll the similar to a Swiss roll. (Above pic)

Slice around 1cm thick and flatten using a rolling pin. I like my kerepek slim for easy storage.




Deep fry the dough in hot oil on medium heat until golden and crispy. Strain and Dust with icing sugar




No comments:

Pin It