About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Swiss Roll with Buttercream & Grated Cheese




Swiss roll may be a little daunting for the beginner baker because everything can go wrong .. the cake might crack, batter too sweet etc

For this recipe it's a really basic Swiss Roll. You can use jam, Nutella, or Buttercream like I did .. I like Buttercream .. I'm old school like that :-)

Recipe :

4 eggs
85g fine castor sugar

Whisk on high until really fluffy

50g cake flour or all purpose flour
10g corn flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Sift the above ingredients into the egg mixture

85g melted salted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and drizzle the melted butter and vanilla extract into the mixture.

Pour mixture onto a greased and lined tray (26x26) and bake at 180degrees for 20-25 min.

Now comes the tricky part. Lay a clean tea towel and sprinkle with castor sugar. Flip the hot tray over the teatowel. Peel away the greaseproof paper and let cool.

Buttercream Filling

100g salted butter
100g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Cheddar cheese 1/2-1 block

Whisk the butter and sugar until fluffy and almost white in Colour. Chill until the cake is cooled. Spread the buttercream on the cake and grate cheddar cheese over the buttercream. Roll the cake carefully and tightly and dust icing sugar on top



2 comments:

rose said...

Hi narny .. I've tried your bread pudding recipe and it's marvellous ..
By any chance do u have an orange cake recipe ? Feel like baking one and feel you could have better idea perhaps .. tq 😬

Narny said...

Thank you Rose and Sorry for not replying earlier. I realize All my blog comments are turned off. I dont have a tried and tested orange cake recipe though Sorry

Pin It