About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Talam Keladi





Ok so today marks the second day of Yam cooking ... there's 6 so I Guess I'll be cooking yam Everyday!

Chop and boil 1 yam. Usually it weighs between 100-150g. It's fine. It doesn't change the taste or texture of the kuih.

Drain and set aside.

For the white base of this kuih, just mix all the ingredients in a pot and cook on slow fire until slightly thickened. Remove from fire and add in the boiled yam.

2/3 cups rice flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons sugar
330ml of coconut milk (i used 100ml kara 230ml water)




See the chopped boiled yam in between? 1 yam is perfect for this recipe. Grease a 6x6 takeaway container and pour the mixture in. Steam for about 20min.




Next we make the purple layer of this kuih. Yams are supposed to be purple so I added a few drops of purple food Colour to the mixture. Same thing just add all the ingredients in a pot and slow cook it until just slightly thickened and pour over the steamed white layer.

1/2 cups all purpose flour
80g sugar
1 egg
250ml coconut milk (I used 80ml kara and 170ml water)
A tiny pinch of salt
Purple food Colour




Pour the purple layer on top of the white layer and steam for another 40min. Chill and serve




No comments:

Pin It