About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chicken Pies


Yes! I´m a fan of doing things the shortcut way.. I´m not lazy but I have 2 rambunctious boys that require my attention. Being a stay-home mom is not all laze in bed all day you know!

If you´re in the mood, feel free to make your own puff pastry but mine was supermarket bought today .
I prepared the chicken filling last night so that all I needed to do was assemble it this morning and bake for breafast.

Filling:-

1 carrot chopped
1/2 onion (the big yellow ones) chopped
2 garlics chopped
1/2 potato chopped
2 chicken breasts chopped
3 large button mushrooms chopped
1/2 tin of campbell´s mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
salt / pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

See how simple? Everything is chopped! Just sautee the garlic, carrots, onions until soft and add in the mushrooms, potatoes and chicken. Sautee until chicken is cooked and add in the Campbell soup and water.. simmer to cook and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let cool and then assemble.

I cut the puff pastry into rounds for the bottom and top and place the filling in the middle leaving about 5mm gap for pinching the pastry close. Cover with another pastry, use a fork and press down the edges.  Snip off about 2 hole at the top of the pastry and brush it with egg wash. Place a greaseproof paper on a tray, arrange your pies. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden.

No comments:

Pin It