About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Strawberry Mille-Feuille



Needed a simple but impressive dessert for our guests today so out came the puff pastry and in-the-cupboard ingredients... 

Custard cream

2 cups of milk (heated in a pot but do not let it boil )

1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar (I like it less sweet so a little less than 1/2 cup is good)

Pour the heated milk in while whisking so as not to cook the eggs. Pour back into the pot and heat, continue whisking until thicken. 

1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp grated orange zest
Add in the essence and zest and Set aside to cool in the fridge. You can make this overnight.

I used store bought puff pastry and cut into 6 pieces of 3 inches x 6 inches width pastry. Line with grease proof paper and lay the puff pastry and poke with a fork all the way through. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 180 degrees or until golden brown.

Once the puff pastry cool, layer each slice with cream and sliced strawberries. 

I used a piping bag and piped 3 lines of custard (less messy)

My puff pastry turned out too high so I sliced into halves and made 3 layers. You can do 4 layers if you like amazingly high desserts :-) dust with icing sugar and serve! I prefer it chilled so if you can resist, keep it in the freezer for an hour and then devour!!

No comments:

Pin It