About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Garlic Naan


This naan goes beautifully with masalas or butter chicken serve with a side of raita and mint chutney...less than 2 hours and its ready on the table .

1/2 cup warm water 
1/2 packet of Saf Instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar 

Mix and set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.

1.5 tsp salt 
2 tablespoon milk
1 egg

Add the above ingredients to the yeast mixture and pour into the flour.

2 1/4 cups flour

Minced garlic (about 4 tablespoon)

Melted butter

Knead the mixture by hand for about 6 minutes until elastic . Oil the bowl and cover the dough and let rise for 1 hour. 

Add half the garlic to the dough and punch the dough down. Divide into 7 pieces. Make into round balls and let rise for another 30 minutes.

Heat the grill with a bit of oil and sprinkle some garlic on the dough. Roll the dough to flatten. Place onto the grill for about 2 minutes or until the brown grill marks can be seen. Brush the uncooked side with melted butter. Flip and brush the cooked side with melted butter. Naan is ready when the other side is browned. 

Totally enjoyed this soft naan! Yummy!!








No comments:

Pin It