About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Beef Keema


Saw a friend's post on Azmi's Chappati at Norris Road and I wish I can teleport myself over! 

So here's my take on the indian Keema except that mine's with beef ..

Heat your wok with some oil.

Add in 1 cinnamon stick, 3 cloves & 1 tsp cumin. 

Then add in 1 chopped onion (medium size), 1 chopped green chilli, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger.

Once everything is nice and soft, add in your minced beef (300g) or mutton and cook it until the beef is browned.

Then add the flavourings & spices 

1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp chili powder 
1 tsp Garam masala 
Salt to taste

Stir well.

Add in also 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup, 1/2 cup of peas & 1/3 cup water and simmer. Add more water if needed. Lastly chop some coriander leaves and add in to the mix.

Serve with roti or chappati with side servings of refreshing cucumber salad.

1 large cucumber slices thinly
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 stalk chili, chopped
1/2 lime juice 
Salt 

Add salt to the sliced cucumber & squeeze out the water. Add the rest of the ingredient, mix well. Add more salt if required.

No comments:

Pin It