About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jeneket (Jenny Cake)


Made these the last two day and after a bit of trial and error managed to get it right. 

Original recipe from Aini Salim but my first attempt ended like jemput-jemput! Still sedap although no shape at all! Ha ha 

This portion is enough for the 4 of us - around 16 pieces.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl

125g flour  + additional flour if the dough is still sticky
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp bicarbonate soda 

In a measuring jug, stir the following ingredients-

30g sugar
30ml milk (or santan)
30ml hot water
1/8tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter

Knead all the ingredients until it comes together and add more flour as required. Just soft enough to be rolled.

Leave it to proof for 12 hours or overnight.

Roll onto floured surface and cut into diamond shapes. Deep fry in hot oil.

Another friend of mine, Ernie, told me her mom used to make hers unsweetened  and dip in vinegared chili for breakfast! So I assume it's the same recipe minus the sugar.
So that's the next thing I wanna try!

No comments:

Pin It