About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Scallion Pancake


Saw a video on Tastemade last night and I couldn't help but try it 😜

All you need is 

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt 
3/4 cups boiling water + 1 tablespoon hot water 

Spring onions or scallions, chopped
Sea salt
Oil

Mix the dough and knead until smooth (about 7 minutes of kneading). Cover and rest for 30 minutes.

Divide the dough into 3 portions. Roll out thinly about the size of 3 hand palms.
Brush with oil, sprinkle with spring onions and sea salt. Not too much salt because the dough is already salted. Just enough to give you a salty crunch.


 Roll into a log.
And twist into a snail bun.
Repeat with the other dough.
Rest for 10 minutes. 

 And roll out each dough about the size of 2 hand palms. Careful not to tear the dough. 

Pan fry in oil until golden and crispy and fluff up but "crushing" the pancake. Cut into small wedges 

No comments:

Pin It