About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Spinach Roti




Rotis are pretty easy to make and sometimes if I have extra spinach or tomatoes I'll make the dough with these.

First wilt a bunch of spinach in a pan with 1/4 cup water. Once wilted, blitz it up into a purée.

Pour in a mixing bowl and add 1/2 tsp salt & 1 cup of atta flour.

Yes that's it for the ingredients 😬

Now knead the dough and add a bit of water bit by bit until you get a soft smooth dough.

Divide into 8 equal balls (I weigh them to get the exact weight). Roll on floured surface. 

Next you need to standby those rack that you put above your stove? And a frying pan. 

Dry fry the rolled dough on both sides  and then pop it onto the rack. This will help them "puff" up and cook the inside of the dough. Serve with with Keema or potato masala or use it as a wrap! 

No comments:

Pin It