About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Ayam Tangkep Aceh


The Hubs actually introduced me to this dish many years ago and until recently I didn't bother to make it because all the restaurants that we liked were still opened... 
 
Now all my favourite Aceh restaurants are closed so I had to replicate the best Ayam Tangkep i had.

1/2 chicken chopped into small pieces
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin 
1/2 inch tumeric 
1 lemongrass
1 teaspoon terasi bubuk (shrimp paste powder)
1 teaspoon salt

Blend the above ingredients and marinade chicken with it. Set aside for half hour.
Deep fry The chicken pieces until golden.
 
5 shallots, sliced
2 daun pandan, sliced
A handful curry leaves

Add shallots to the oil that was used to fry the chicken, stir for awhile and then add the pandan and curry leaves in. Fry until crispy.


Add the chicken in and stir fry again. Drain and serve hot. 

No comments:

Pin It