About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Masala Potatoes

 
We love our indian food and on certain nights we enjoy simple vegetarian food such as Poori with Masala Potatoes. Simple yet so satisfying..

You need to boil the potatoes in advance. I find that once the potatoes are cooled they don't break apart as easily and turned it into mashed potatoes.

4 boiled potatoes, chopped into large pieces 

1 tsp mustard seeds 
1/2 tsp asafoetida 
1 tsp cumin

Sautee the spices to hot oil and then add the following ingredients 

1 onion, sliced
1 green chili, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp chana masala powder
1 sprig of curry leaves 

Once the ingredients are nicely mixed in, add the potatoes, salt, water and chopped coriander leaves.

Salt to taste
1/3 cup water.
Chopped Coriander leaves 


Once cooked, serve with Poori, sliced onions and lime wedge.

Link as follows 
http://narny.blogspot.com/2014/06/easy-poori.html?m=1

No comments:

Pin It