About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Fried Kway Teow

I like my fried kway teow spicy ..  Maybe it's the flu so mild food is tasteless on me today ..

Make the chilli paste

5 stalks dried chilli, soaked
1 garlic
2 fresh red chilli
1cm belacan or shrimp paste
1 onion 

Blend the paste and set aside.

2 garlic, chopped
1 packet of kway teow, washed
3 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon soya sauce
2 tablespoon sweet sauce 
1 tablespoon tomato sauce 

1 egg
Prawns 
Fishballs 
Veggies (taugey, bok Choy etc)

Sautee the garlic in hot oil and add the paste in. Once fragrant and "crispy" add the prawns and fishball in. Stir and add the kway teow in and mix well then add all the sauces. You need to continuously stir this. Add all your veg and season with salt accordingly. This is the semi wet kind of kway teow. Top with fried onions, spring onions and Sambal if you prefer. Serve immediately 

No comments:

Pin It