About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Kue Lumpur Kentang


No idea where the lumpur came about but this is a popular "jajanan pasar" here in indonesia.. The batter is made from mashed potatoes topped with coconut flesh .. If you like klappertart then you would like this too. 

Boil and mash 1 potato or about 120g of potato.
Melt 125g butter. Set aside 

420ml diluted coconut milk. 
(I used 150ml coconut cream and add water to make up to 420ml)
Add a pinch of salt 

2 eggs
140g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence 

Whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy and all the sugar has dissolved . Add vanilla in. 

Add the mash potatoes into the egg mixture. 

250g flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

2 drops of yellow food colouring
Flesh of 1 coconut
Raisins 
Shredded Kraft cheese

Add the flour into the egg mixture, then all the liquid. Make sure all the ingredients  are well mixed.

Grease your muffin tins (I use PAM and spray)
Pour the batter in about 1cm in height. Top with coconut flesh, raisins and cheese. 

Bake at the most bottom part of your oven for 15-18 minutes at 230 degrees until the base is slightly golden 
 The Kue has a soft "muddy" texture  which I assume why it's called Kue Lumpur ... Ha ha 

No comments:

Pin It