About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Kuih Koci


I love kueh Koci that has Lots of coconut filling and very thin skin and lots of santan!

This recipe makes about 15 balls.
First make the coconut filling. 

1 block of gula Melaka
2 tablespoon brown sugar 
1 pandan leaf
1/2 cup water
A pinch of salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon flour

Boil all of the ingredients except for the coconut. You can add more sugar if you like sweeter fillings. Once the sugar is all melted, add the coconut and stir for a while. Add flour and continue stirring.
Set aside to cool.


For the skin, mix all the ingredients into a soft dough. Add the water bit by bit

1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
1/2 cup black glutinous flour
1/2-3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp salt

In another bowl, mix 1 small packet of Kara santan with a pinch of salt. Prepare 15 pieces of banana leaves around 15cm x10cm. Wilt it over the stove .


Press down a round ball and fill with coconut filling. Close it up.

Pour coconut cream over it. Fold and steam for 20 minutes. Enjoy with extra lashings of santan 

No comments:

Pin It