About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Halal Tiramisu


This is my super simple Tiramisu.. It's no bake, no fuss and most people tend to get so intimidated by it.

All you need firstly is to make the zabaglione.. Which is egg yolks and sugar cooked on a bain marie.. You need to do this so that you won't have raw yolks and get sick from salmonella!

4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar

Whisk on low heat until pale yellow and fluffy.
Set aside to cool.

Next whip 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff. Put it aside (or in the fridge until you're ready to mix)

Take the zabaglione and whisk 250g of mascarpone cheese in. Add also 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Finally fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.

You also need 1 package of Savoiardi or lady fingers and a bowl of espresso or black coffee. (Approximately 1.5 cups)
This is obviously the non alcohol version. If u want to add Marsala wine, add it to the espresso.

I did a mixture of cups and container for the tiramisu so the pictures you'll see is on the container.

Take the ladyfingers and roll it quickly in the coffee and arrange in you container. You want to be quick as they absorb liquid quickly. Trust me a little coffee goes a long way especially when you use espresso!

Top it with the mascarpone mixture and another layer of ladyfingers and more cheese mixture . You can do two or three layers. Chill in the freezer for a couple of hours. Dust with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings before serving.

No comments:

Pin It