About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, April 10, 2015

Takoyaki With Okonomiyaki Sauce


I love these balls of deliciousness!  And it actually pretty easy to do as long as you have all the ingredients on hand.


Boiled octopus, sliced around 1cm chunks 

Spring onions, chopped

Prawns, sliced into 1cm chunks

Kraft cheese or any cheese of your choice , chopped in 1cm chunks 


Batter for the takoyaki


1 egg

340ml cold water

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp soya sauce

A handful of crushed katsuobushi


Whisk the above until well mixed and then add 100g of flour into the mixture. Whisk until smooth.


You need a takoyaki pan for this. Heat the pan and well grease with oil. Pour batter 3/4 full into the hole. Add your octopus & spring onions and repeat with other ingredients of your choice such as prawns or ham & cheese. Flip the ball 90 degrees to the side to cook the edges and flip again to cook the bottom to ensure all parts are golden brown and throughly cooked.


Okonomiyaki Sauce


This is really simple ..For 1 serving place 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce in a pot, with 2 tablespoon sugar, a pinch of salt

Once boiling, add a mixture of cornstarch mixed with water (1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoon water)

Stir until thickened. Brush over your takoyaki balls.


Squirt mayonnaise, Sriracha, katsuobushi and some seaweed & bonito flakes on top.

I like these because they taste yummy on rice too! So they are great for sprinkling on top of the takoyaki. 



No comments:

Pin It