About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Banoffee Pie

One of the most simplest but decadent dessert ever! Its just digestive biscuits, bananas, DDL and whipped cream! 
The only time consuming part is making the dulce de leche. Even more fabulous if you have those canned DDL! 

If you're like me and its impossible to get canned DDL where you live, all you need to do is boil a can of condensed milk in a pot of water for 4 hours. Yes 4 hours to get a dark caramel colour deliciousness! 

Pierce a few holes to let the pressure out. The last thing you want is DDL exploding all over you! 
Use a 6 inch pie dish for this dessert.

150g digestive biscuits 
50g butter (melted)

Place the biscuits in a food processer and once it's crumbly, add melted butter and press down onto the pie dish. It's better to chill this in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to firm the crust first. 

Spread some DDL over the pie crust. A thin layer if you don't like cloyingly sweet desserts, more if you have a sweet tooth.

3 bananas
250ml whipped cream
Layer sliced bananas on top of the DDL and spread whipped cream over the top.
Drizzle more DDL on top if you like. I like it with more whipped cream and more DDL!! Chill for at least 2 hours and serve.

No comments:

Pin It