About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, September 06, 2013

Beef Quiche


I think of all the quiches that I made, this is still the family favourite ...

Pastry dough

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
6 tablespoons iced water

With rubbing in method, add the flour, butter and salt and rub in until you get course grains.... Add the ice water bit by bit until you get the texture you like. Let the dough rest for 5 min. Roll the dough on a floured surface and flip onto your pie dish. Trim the edges and make sure the the dough is nice and smooth 

Poke with a fork and blind-bake them for 25 minutes on 170 degrees. 


Blind baking is to cover the raw pastry with a piece of grease proof paper and top it with beans so that the dough stays nice and flat throughout baking.

300g Minced beef
1 carrot (chopped)
1 onion (chopped) 
1 garlic (chopped)
Salt, black pepper, paprika

Sauté the onions and garlic in oil until fragrant, add the carrots and once a bit softened, pour in the minced beef. Season well with salt, black pepper and paprika.

Pour the minced beef on the pastry.

Quiche sauce

4 eggs (whisked)
355ml milk
(For a richer taste, you can substitute half of the milk with cream or evaporated milk)
Salt, pepper 

Red and white cheddar cheese (grated)

Whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over the beef mince, sprinkle generously with cheese and bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins or until the quiche is set. Serve with a side salad & dressing! Bon appetit!


No comments:

Pin It