About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Victoria Sponge Cake or Victoria Sandwich Cake


This was the first cake I ever made when I was 13... Straight out from my Homec book in Secondary 1 back in Crescent Girls'! 

Obviously the recipe isn't from there but it made me reminisce the old days, starting out in the kitchen ... 😆😆

First make the sponge ... This recipe yields a small and cute 7 inch cake ..

100g butter
100g sugar 
1 tsp vanilla essence 
2 eggs 
100g flour 
2 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla essence and then the egg one by one. Then add the dry ingredient.
Line the base of your cake pan with grease proof paper and pour the batter in. Bake the  cake for 30-40 minutes at 170 degrees or until cake is firm. 
Cool cake on a rack and slice in half. Spread strawberry jam.
Whip about 250g of cream. I used Anchor.
Spread whipped cream.
Place the other half of the sponge and dust with icing sugar and slice strawberries on top! 

No comments:

Pin It