About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Strawberry Ricotta Tart


I still had leftover puff pastry from the other day and a container of ricotta sitting in the fridge ... And I'm also craving for something strawberry-ish.. And this is AFTER I made a batch of banana muffins!! What is happening to me!

All I did was roll the puff pastry out, slather it with jam, add some icing sugar to the ricotta, spread it over the jam, arrange some sliced strawberries on top, sprinkle some sugar, egg wash the sides bake and voila .. Craving fulfilled .. 
So first, cut the puff pastry into rectangles, egg wash the sides and fold in.
Step 1 : slather with strawberry jam
Step 2 : spread about 125g ricotta cheese that's mixed with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar 
Step 3 : arrange sliced strawberries on top of the ricotta 
Egg wash the sides

Sprinkle with sugar over the strawberries 
Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees until the puff pastry is nice and  golden. Dust with icing sugar. 

No comments:

Pin It