About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Riverside & Geylang



Broke my fast with Yati at Riverside... had the grilled platter .. and it was quite yummy if only they provided proper sambal to go with the items!

Geylang is no longer as festive as it used to be.. i remember walking last time and getting the 'feel' of ramadhan.. now its just like any bazaar like the one in woodlands! nothing special. I bought a telekong for $20 and a simple white baju kurung (to stand by .. in case) and the lady insisted that i get the one i tried.. lucky i looked thru... there was a brown, coffee-like stain.. so she opened another packet and this one the stains were worse!!! The lady said "oh sure can wash" ! Why would i take the risk! So i told her if she's not giving me another new one, i won't be buying!! Picked up my bags and she opened another one... unbelievable!!

Walked through the food sections and all i see are the same old stuff! Bought takoyaki (which tasted like burnt plastic) and the dendeng... i really woonder why processed meat cost so much!! (100g - $4!)

Well that would definately my last one & only trip for this year!!!

No comments:

Pin It