About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Renewed Relationships




You know its funny.... sometimes you see your neighbours and you tend to just say Hi's and Bye's not realizing there's more to them than meets the eye... We had a neighbourly gathering at our place and 2 other neighbour houses last night and it was refreshing.. i see them with a different eyes now.

My next door neighbour, Cik Ju has 3 kids.. 2 married and the 'baby' Julissa is married to a Pakistani... with their own interesting stories.. I was so smitten with Shifaa with her cute baby hijab... the other neighbour Kak Rabaah was a Traffic Police turned Troubleshooter turned Ikea Customer Service officer turned Housewife & has an adopted daughter which goes to the same school as Faris.

It was a casual, fun night just chit-chatting and getting to know the neighbours again... i kinda wish we could do it more often than once a year now...

2 comments:

julesadie said...

Hey, Is! I missed the jalan raya lah.. :( Was out with my husband that nite. Bukan selalu sey dpt keluar berdua2an... hehehe..
Anyways, you were saying about get together with us, neighbours rite? How about one of these school holidays, we cook our specialities then we get together.. at any of our cribs or better still.. use your table tennis and eat outside hehehe

narny said...

OF COURSE !! No prob man... anytime.. lol...

Pin It