About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Saying Goodbye...:-(

I just hate it! I hate saying goodbyes and I refuse to cry when Fai leaves.... at the airport at least ... for fear of smudging my mascara...So I would usually bawl the night before! heheheh

We left super early from the last experience with ValueAir.. it took the entire time at the airport to check in!! Then he had to leave!! Fai usually travels with Garuda, Lufthansa but this time the tickets are full since he came back right before New Year...

Abah & Mummy were there too sending him off.. Jainal left together with Fai as well...





So before leaving i had to console myself with food again.... so we had Popeye's to-go as I was rushing to fetch papa... I bought the 2 pcs chicken, Shrimp popcorn & seafood set... i love the biscuits!! Plus they give you a jam to go along with it! The Cajun fries are also a killer..only the chilli sauce were a dissapointent... those 'western-food stall chilli' not like Popeye speciallity chilli.... i totally forgot to take a pic of the food since i ate while driving so whats left is the cute to-go boxes...

4 comments:

Jussaemon said...

I LOVE POPEYE's!!!!

Their Fries are the best! Shrimps are the one and only!

But i dont really like the biscuit. Prolly i should have eaten w the jam provided... but if i DO finish the biscuit then i wld feel TO FULL already!

Yup! Be strong for the mascara! What did Abg Fai do when you bawl?

Its ok.. u're gonna meet him again during CNY kan? or is it Mar? but yeah i so understand. you know i know lah..

narny said...

heheheh I totally loveeee the Biscuits .. too bad they dun sell the rice here.. they had it for quite a while already in JKT.. only Singapore a bit slow la!!

Have you eaten Nando's?? yuuuummmmm

Yup he'll be back CNY and i sooo can't wait! lol

Jussaemon said...

Yup I tried Nando's in KL but its about the same as Kenny Roger's. Nothing really special like POPEYE's!!!

Insya'Allah 26th Jan, i wanna get those shrimps again!!

narny said...

its so different from Kenny Rogers,... maybe you didnt ask for the Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce!! Lemon & Herb Corn.... yuuuuummmm

Pin It