About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Monday, July 08, 2013

Agar-agar Gudil


First attempt at this kenduri classic... All because i saw a post a friend posted on this last night!! pfffftttt 

Some people makes beautiful "pecah-pecah" curdled, marbled looking layers. No idea why mine looks more like a two-toned agar-agar instead but it tasted great ! Maybe I'll try fresh coconut milk next time. Today i used packaged coconut milk. 

I bought this Instant agar-agar powder and the instructions were for 900ml of water per sachet. So i just played around with the measurements.

600ml water
160g gula Melaka or gula Aren
1 sachet of agar-agar powder
2 pandan leaves 

Boil until all the sugar has liquefied. 

400 g of coconut milk (1 packet milk added with water)
1 egg
A Pinch of salt

Mix the salt, egg into the coconut milk and whisk. Pour into the boiling pot of agar-agar mixture. Wait for it to boil again and remove from heat. Remove the pandan leaves.

Pour into prepared container and once cool, chill in the fridge to harden. The mixture will separate into 2 layers... Slice and serve!

No comments:

Pin It