About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Crumpets


I cannot live without salted butter ... And anything that goes with butter... Late last night I craved for crumpets that I had in melbourne... weirdly the ones in England didn't taste half as good so my mind drifted to Melbourne ... lol.. Is that a sign that I should return for the 4th time?? Hmmmmm

So made half the batter before I went to bed and in the morning these luscious looking dough was staring at me 
So the tip is to use egg rings or cutters so you get perfect circles. 
The dough should be thicker than pancake batter... It is like a bread dough after all. Cook on low fire on a griddle (in my case I used my trusty Happy Call) for about 3-5 minutes on the bottom until its golden and the top starts getting holey.

Recipe yields 10 crumpets .. 

All you need to do is mix the batter in a bowl and whisk vigorously with a beater for about 2 minutes. Or if you don't need the workout like I do, use a hand mixer. 

1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup warm water 
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon melted butter

That's it... Enjoy your crumpets with butter, jam, marmalade, clotted cream or even syrup!

No comments:

Pin It