About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Epok-Epok Kentang Daging / Pastel


I totally sucked at making epok-epok for the longest time until I tried these! The dough is versatile enough even for roti boyan, sardine or vegetable fillings.

In a bowl, just add the following ingredients and knead until smooth. Leave the dough to rest while you make the filling. Sounds simple huh?

200g flour
2 tablespoon oil
2 1/2 tablespoon ghee 
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt

Filling:-

1 onion chopped
2 garlic chopped
1cm ginger grated

100g minced beef
1 large potato chopped
2 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 cup water
1tsp salt
11/2 tablespoons sugar

Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger in some oil until softened and fragrant. Add the minced beef until cooked. Add the curry powder and stir fry until well mixed. Pour the potatoes and water in and simmer to cook until the potatoes are tender . I like my filling a tad sweet but season accordingly 

Once the filling is cooled, roll dough and dust some flour so that it doesn't stick to the surface. Use a cutter to get perfect circles 

Fill it up with cooled filling, pinch the sides and fry until golden.

3 comments:

faiz said...

Try substitute your curry powder with kurma powder. add in some black paper and daun sup.

narny said...

thanks.. but kurma powder doesn´t give me the taste of spices that i like for this pastel...:-)

SuperMas said...

So Syiok one! Thank You for the post!

Pin It