About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Nuoc Cham - Vietnamese Dipping Sauce


One of the best things I learnt from my trip to Vietnam was making nuoc cham... The dipping sauce for the summer spring  rolls.. Apparently every family have their version just like our sambal .

My tour guide shared his mom recipe for the nuoc cham. 

Cili padi 3 (chopped finely)
2 garlic chopped 
1 cup of water 
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
Juice of 1 lime

Chopped coriander

Mix everything in a pot and simmer until the chillis are softened and sauce slightly thickened about 10-15 minutes. Mix the coriander in. Dip your summer rolls and enjoy the tangy spicy taste of Vietnam ! 

No comments:

Pin It