About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

DIY - drying your herbs


I get so sick and tired of buying coriander leaves here and just when I'm about to use them, they are downright soggy! Bleaarrgghhh ... It cost about $2.50 a bunch here at the Farmer's market and Indonesians don't use coriander in their cooking so its not easily available . Grow them you say ? Of course I did but I'm still waiting! 
So here's a method to salvage your herbs before they self destruct 

Here's my self-destructing coriander leaves that I bought 3 days ago.
Snip of the leaves and lay them on a paper towel.
Pop them in your microwave oven for about 1-2 minutes depending on the wattage of your oven. 
Voila !! They are dried ! You can keep it whole or crumble it with your fingers for smaller herbs. Store in an airtight bottle or container for later use :-)

No comments:

Pin It