About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bubur Pulut Hitam


Ramadhan means more food at table during Iftar especially desserts - for our family that is .... The Hubby, who usually is not a dessert person actually enjoys Es Buah, Kolak etc during Ramadhan! So today's dessert is Bubur Pulut Hitam for tomorrow's birthday boy.

1 cup of black glutinous rice (ketan hitam)
Wash and soak the rice for about 4 hours.

6 cups water (then continue to add more until rice is soft)
2 pandan leaves
A block of gula melaka or in my case gula aren
Ginger sliced (optional)
These are huge so i used only 1 but adjust the sweetness level accordingly.

I boiled these babies for about 2 hours, frequently stirring. Here in Indonesia, their bubur ketan hitam uses lots of ginger but my little love doesn't like the spicy after taste.

Boil a packet of santan with some water and a pinch of salt. Be generous... I Love my bubur with lots of santan! Ramadhan Mubarak Peeps!!

No comments:

Pin It