About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Thai Green Beef Curry


I think everyone knows I love my cow. Anything I can substitute with beef, I would. I do like chickie but I'm a beef girl. 

So feel free to substitute with chicken if you want though. These is a simple green curry using store bought green curry paste. You can make it yourself but I rather just buy!

I grow my own basil so I just love to cook using homegrown herbs! See the stalks with no leaves ?? That's because I used them!

Ingredients

1 clove garlic, chopped
2-3 tablespoons green curry paste
1 packet of coconut milk (180g) with 2 cups water (adjust accordingly)
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce 
1 tablespoon palm sugar 
300g Shabu-shabu or sukiyaki beef 
2 lime leaves
A handful of sweet basil leaves
Coriander leaves 
Aubergines
Pea Aubergines


Sauté the garlic in a bit of oil and add in the curry paste. Add the coconut milk and simmer. Add the Aubergines first because they take longer to cook than the beef. I choose sukiyaki or shabu-shabu is because they are thinly sliced and take no more than a minute to cook. Add all the rest of the herbs and seasonings according to taste. Serve with hot rice, fish cakes and mango salad!

No comments:

Pin It