About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Baked Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms


I love Portobello mushrooms! I love them on burgers (YES!! Carl´s Jr) and i used to love the ones at the now defunct Borders Cafe... reminded me of my dates with the boyfriend (now The Hubs)... sigggghhh


Yesterday while shopping at NTUC Extra, my chubby boy saw the Portobello´s were on sale at $4.05 for 5 pieces... I thought it was good buy so its perfect for dinner. Made devilled eggs for starters and the shrooms for mains... very filling indeed!

All I did was remove the stems. NO DON´T CHUCK IT IN THE BIN! Thats part of the filling! Cross X the top part of the mushrooms and place them in an oiled tray or baking dish. (Gills side up). I drizzled some olive oil over the gills and sprinkled some salt in preparation for the filling...

Filling

1 shallot (chopped)
2 garlics (sliced)
2 turkey ham (chopped)
mushroom stems (chopped)
butter
salt / pepper

Shredded cheese for topping (I had white & red cheddar)

Melt butter in a pan, sautee the shallot and garlic and toss in the ham and stems... season with salt and pepper. I used a salted butter so i didn´t salt my filling.


Spread the filling and sprinkle over with cheese.
 Bake for 20 minutes on 180 degree oven. Enjoy!

No comments:

Pin It