About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Devilled Eggs


My kids love devilled eggs! Its great for a party and a starter to a meal and so simple to make! I don´t have an exact measurement so you need to adjust according to your preference.

I boiled about 6 eggs today so I made 12 halves which was perfect for us.

Once the eggs are boiled and cooled, scoop out the yolks and mash them. I added the following and piped over the whites with a star nozzle.

3 tablespoons mayonaise
salt to taste
white pepper
a pinch of paprika 
2 turkey hams (chopped and sauteed) I prefer bacon but I didn´t have any today :-(

Once piped, sprinkle with dried parsley and more paprika. I like with a bit more ooomph so I sprinkled chilli flakes instead... I love sliced black olives on the yolk too but I didn´t have that in the pantry today as well.. so there you go.. simple devilled eggs you can make in a jiffy.

No comments:

Pin It