About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Cheesy Broccoli Bites


I´m addicted to broccoli.... ya weird right but I love a good broccoli mash with lots of butter and I find it so comforting that I fed my kids that as a baby! I also love a good stirfry, in casserole and lately, Yotam Ottolengi´s Chargrilled Broccoli with Chilli & Garlic.

Today I was craving for a cheesy nibble... so there broccoli bites... I made my own breadcrumbs but if you have a pre-packaged one use that. All I did was toast 2 slices of bread slightly, cut it in small pieces and put it in a food processor. It makes about 1 cup. So just combine all the ingredients and place spoonfuls on a greased tray (DON´T FORGET TO GREASE!)

Ingredients to mix

1 head of broccoli
2 garlics (chopped)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used red and white cheddar)
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs

Bake these little bites on 160 degrees for 15 mins and flip over for another 15 minutes. Serve with your favourite dipping like ranch or chilli mayo.

No comments:

Pin It