About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hamburger Buns

Honestly I wished I had never been so lazy! Everytime I crave making burgers, I procrastinate because I had to go to the supermarket for the buns! Wished I hadn't been so doozy!! Here is an amazingly simple recipe for burger buns.. In fact I think it's awesome for dinner rolls and hotdog buns too! Fresh baked buns in under 40 mins!

1 cup + 1/4 cup warm water
1 packet instant yeast (11g)

Pour the yeast into the warm water and stir. Add the following and rest for 5 minutes.

1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil

After the yeast bubbles up, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes.

1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour

IMMEDIATELY divide dough into 12 equal portions. DO NOT let it rest until AFTER you shape your buns. Knead the dough in a circular manner with floured hands. I find it easier kneading it into rounds with hands than on the board. Place buns about 2 inches apart or 6 buns per tray. Let it rest for 15-20 mins until double the size.

Brush with egg yolk mix with a bit of water, and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional). Bake for 12 minutes on 190 degrees.







No comments:

Pin It