About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Farewell
















The weekend went by pretty quickly... after work i came home and baked 3 types of muffins (Choc chip, Blueberry & Banana Walnut) to bring to Hanan's place.. the occasion?? My cuzs, aunt & uncle is back from Melbourne and also to bid farewell to my dear Uncle Surani who's leaving for Haj..

Bought Hanan a gift pack towel set which was quite nice from Aussino since i couldn't reember what size bedsheet to buy!

The kids played Wii the whole time we were there and its pretty addictive... Faris seems to like it and he was actually pretty good at it but i'm not willing to fork out $600 for that! Maybe i'll just wait for the China made version to come in...the Vii.. the one that was endorsed by James Wong.. :-)

We planned to hit the beach and Yati wanted to bring her niece Tasha since i agreed that I will clean her if she pooped...

Alas.... it rained non stop so i did what i do best... cooking.... i cooked the yellow mee which is Faisal's fave ...baked choc chip cookies and made myself a huge glass of Avocado juice... i can see my waist expanding with every mouthful but i keep telling myself the goodness in it.. to convince myself even furher... i googled this..

Health Benefits

No matter how you slice it, the avocado has plenty of health benefits. Here’s a closer look at some of the nutrients found in avocados.
Monounsaturated fat: As mentioned, avocados are high in monounsaturated fat. Unlike other fats, this type of fat raises levels of good HDL-cholesterol and lowers harmful triglycerides without raising harmful LDL cholesterol levels.
Fiber: Avocados are high in fiber, particularly soluble fiber, which promotes regularity, helps regulate the body's use of sugars, and lowers blood cholesterol levels.
Vitamins: Avocados are a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E as well as the B vitamin folate.
Minerals: gram for gram, avocados provide more potassium than bananas. Potassium is critical for nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and heart function. Avocados also provide a fair amount of magnesium, which your body needs to metabolize carbohydrates and fats.

Do i feel better after reading it?? You bet! To top it up... i scrubbed, i shaved, i cleansed, i toned and finally... i put my Neutrogena mask on as a closing to this weekend....

No comments:

Pin It